Saturday, July 26, 2014

On My Watch

Let me know when you leave for here. Let me know when you get home. Don't laugh.  How many times have you heard me say this? My kids will say all, and I do mean ALL the time. 

I know they can get everywhere they need to go in life without checking in with me.  But on my watch, I need to know they are safe.   

On my watch in the city, I used to pray whenever I heard a siren or saw a cop or fire truck en route.  Now my watch includes the farmers, the crop dusters, the truckers on the road and an occasional 13 stripe squirrel racing for his hole in the road. Now why? Why would a squirrel build a home in the middle of the road? Boggles my little blonde head I tell you.   

My watch include our dogs and foster dogs.  My social media friends, and you bet, their dogs too.  I should be tired from all this watching, but mostly I am blessed.

Lately I've been watching the corn and beans grow and the pivot roll. I walk the garden and watch it grow daily.  I watch the 4 0'clocks open and close. Sometimes twice a day. Probably sounds like I've lost my mind.  But I beg to differ. 




In the comings and goings of life we need to watch more of what we love. And love more of what we watch. So if I ask you to let me know when you get home, or when you are leaving for here take it as a compliment.  I rest easier when all on my watch are safe and accounted for.  

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh....beautiful flowers around the augers...........
    doesn`t get any sweeter.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned to love the augers! Last year we had morning glory growing up them. This year the rabbits found them tasty! Thankfully Four O'Clocks are not to their taste.

    ReplyDelete