Saturday, December 13, 2014

1000 Gifts

In the midst of hardship comes great gifts.  In times of joy there are also great gifts.  In the middle of this holiday season we are consumed by the thought of gifts. Some are tangible, some are spiritual, some are hilarious, some are hard to even see as gifts. Some come wrapped in festive paper with a pretty bow and some are in disguise.  Nonetheless, I was challenged by a friend to start a list of 1000 gifts that grace our life.  

So we are doing just this.  It's in our kitchen and anyone who visits is free to add to it. Now, I've kept lists before.  Grocery lists, lists of the dogs we've fostered (I can't keep track anymore!)  There are lists of projects to do, plants I'd like for the garden, dates to remember. Laundry lists, lists of things I did and loved.  Lists of things that I did and never want to repeat. There are naughty lists and nice lists. There are bucket lists. Now that's an amazing list to work on. 

A thousand seems like a lot.  But if I've said it once I've said it a thousand times we are so blessed.  We are thinking of lists in a whole new way.  For the record....we are up to 18 things.  Obviously I haven't been giving the list as much love as I should.  I know there are way more.  So it's on my list to work on the list.  Day by day, gift by gift until we reach a thousand.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment