Thursday, August 16, 2012

Which Side Are You On?

Not whose side, but which side.  Of course there are two sides, or more to any store.  For example, my side and the wrong side.  The upside and the downside.  The inside and the outside.  The wet side and the dry side.

So, to get to it, there are days in marriage that neither side is happy with the other.  Days like this come and go.  Frankly, the always surprise me when they happen.  It's like a reality check.  Must have the bad with the good to increase our gratitude.

For reasons I won't go in to we switched sides on the bed last night.  My idea, guilty as charged.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.  But man, I probably wouldn't offer again.  I like that other side for a reason.  It fits me, it knows me.  That side knows my flip flops and restless turns.  My side is roomy and comfortable.  The other side really didn't want me there.  It was not welcoming and not nearly as spacious as my side is.

But sometimes you just need to try and see which side works best.  Last night was an epic fail.  So I will appreciate my side even more tonight.  See, proof that discomfort, when embraced,  increases our gratitude.

Both sides are the same, yet completely different.  I will side with that concept.


No comments:

Post a Comment