Sunday, December 20, 2015

Luke 2:19

But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. ...  

I feel like I've been in Mary's shoes lately.  Perhaps it's a woman thing, or a Mom thing.  Some of my pondering comes in the form of worry. Try as I might, I struggle with this. Owning it is the first step, you know?  

I ponder the future, the past and the time in between.  I look forward, but can't resist a peek backwards.  I believe since I ponder things that my heart is actively engaged.  That is a good thing my friends.  

Recently I've been pondering the approach of Christmas, the traditions, the celebrations, the fact we don't live in a perfect world.  If things were perfect we could lavish all we love with gifts beyond measure.  Maybe lavishing love beyond measure is the best gift we can give.  Maybe it's human nature to want to go above and beyond, to give big, to show love in tangible ways.  It's humbling to offer just the depth of our love and trust it is good enough.  I tell my kids I wish I could do more, and they tell me I've given them more than they could ever ask for.

Maybe this is love.  You always want to give more and you are unaware how deeply your love touches others. So you give what you have and you ponder all these things in your heart.  And you do it in the company of Mary....so you are not alone.  




No comments:

Post a Comment