Sunday, March 29, 2020

Messy Is Okay, I'm Okay, This Won't Last Forever

How are you feeling these days? Scared, exhausted, uncertain, a bit lost? Okay, perhaps a whole lot lost. Are you feeling out of control, or afraid of the future? Do you feel alone? Is it an alone, alone? As in no one cares? Or is it an okay alone? There are many kinds, you know.

I'll admit to feeling all of the above. The worries of the world feel ginormous right now. Rightly so. So the question is this, how and where do we find some comfort in the chaos?

Jump in with the answers, because I do not know for sure. My guess is, though, that we/I/you/me may find some comfort in the very small things that grace our lives. If we dig deep enough we can find the blessings, the grace, the poignant moments that bring tears to our eyes and confirm the best life has to offer. 

It may be be the gentle snoring of an old dog taking up most the space on the sofa. Snoring never sounded so good before. It may be that life has slowed us down to the point we are eating meals every day with our family. It may be that flowers seem to take on new beauty because everything else seems so dark in comparison. It may be the giggles of children playing. It may be leaving care packages on the porch of a friend. It may be asking every day what are the wins of your day, what are the worries. Then sharing them, because sharing increases the blessings and divides the burdens. 

It may be digging deeper into your faith, knowing, and remembering that God is holding you. It may be releasing the need to have it all together and embracing that life is messy, we are messy and that is completely okay. 

Maybe this is the key, messy is okay, I'm okay, God is holding me, this won't last forever. I, for one, forget that this (what ever this you are dealing with) is not forever. And...in the mean time, I am here for you. Because, life is made up of a multitude of things, messy things, brilliant things, sacred things, even scary things, that create the whole. When looking at the whole is overwhelming, look for the little things. There is grace in narrowing our focus. So I remind myself, again and again...messy is okay, I'm okay, God is holding me, this won't last forever. Trust me, it won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment