Sunday, March 22, 2020

You are not alone.

Turmoil, uncertainty, fear, stress. Faith, patience, trust, blessings. 

What I've learned from the last 2 1/2 years of adjusting to life after trauma is this. Do the next right thing. It's not going to be easy some of the time. Other times it will be easier than you think.

You are not alone. Ever. If you are it's a personal choice. Personally, I'd say choose being connected. Even in this time of great disconnect for health reasons. Choose to reach out, choose to ask how someone is doing. Find the small wins, own the struggles, and share them both. 

I do not have all the answers, but I do have faith. I've cried way more than I've laughed recently, but I believe in laughter. I know it's part of who I am, and it will return as surely as flowers in the spring. 

I've made huge changes in my life recently. Dang, they have been hard. All of life is temporary I've learned. Temporarily fabulous, temporarily hard, temporarily funny, temporarily heartbreaking, temporarily heart warming. It is a mix of them all, each day offering a different view. Some views last longer than others. Find the grace in all of them. 

Count the blessings. Now, I'm not known for my mathematical ability, but my blessings far exceed my ability to count them. I'm not saying that because I suck at counting. I'm saying it because it's true.

It's the little things, really it is. Trust me on this one. We get lost in the big picture, frightened by it. Overwhelmed by it. Take a deep breath and embrace the little things. We'll get through this. Yes, we'll come out different. We'll have losses, but we'll have huge growth spurts too. Slow down. Find your faith, know you are loved. Know you are not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment