Friday, October 16, 2020

Home

There is, I believe, always going to be a longing for my old life, even as I embrace my new life. Life is a mixture of bitter and sweet. Easy and hard. Empty and full. 

I am beginning a new chapter, putting down new roots. And, yes, I cried. You would expect no less from me. I didn't let you down. In the midst of joyful anticipation, I will always be reminded exactly why I am where I am. It is okay. It is part of my journey. It is both joyful and sad, I can embrace both.

I've been in transition for quite some time. We know transition is uncomfortable, we know it can be painful, we know good comes in the end. It's just the hurdles we cross to get there that are hard. Hurdles are not my strong suit, but moving towards them, launching over them, sometimes stumbling over them and moving beyond is what I've been led to do. I may have fallen a time or two. Strong hands of faith and love always pick me up.

I am excited. That has been a long time coming. I've been blessed, I've never doubted that. I have been guided even when I've struggled with how life has unfolded. Yet every step of the way has been planned, and every place I've landed met, and often exceeded, my needs. I found family in the big city, family in little villages, family in friendships, and family in faith.

I'm moving again and am going to unpack, really unpack. See what is in all those boxes. See what fits, see what needs re-homed. I planted today. literal roots and figurative roots. I planted my first perennial in my new yard and I planted roots of a new life. And....I cried. Because even good change is hard. I cried, because love surrounded me. I cried for the past, and I cried for the future. 

I prayed as well, in gratitude for all who've walked this journey with me. You see, I've packed you too. All my parts travel along, all my parts make up the whole. My parts, the broken, the beautiful, the cracked, and the mended. Help define me, help me grow. Help me begin a new chapter. I believe I'll call it Home.








2 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely!❤️ My vision of me going over the hurdles you talk about was not pretty and involved a face plant. Life interesting where it leads us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hurdle much the same as you might. You are in good company.

      Delete