Sunday, January 16, 2022

Good Things, Pieced and Patched

Am I holding on when I should be letting go? Does anxiety keep me from fully living? Is my world deliberately small when it could be infinitely larger? Why do some people have tons of friends and I have a small, but exceedingly wonderful tribe? Do I patch holes on an unfinished patchwork quilt that got nibbled on? Or do I pitch it because it hasn't seen the light of day for years and just move on? Can you go back and start over? Can you trust more and worry less? How do you learn to dream and dream big? Can I set a record for the most questions in the first paragraph of a blog? 

So many questions.....  With answers as follows. Yes, Yes, Yes, and yes because some are more extroverted and others introverted. Probably. Probably not. No, but you can begin anew. Yes, with faith and practice. Dreaming on any level involves imagining and hoping. So let go of control, let go of expecting the worst and challenge yourself to visualize only good things. Only good things. 

Sounds so doable right? I'm thinking that quilt may hold the key. Approach it all one stitch at a time. There will be unexpected holes. Patch over them and move on. It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful. The patches we make in our lives give us more warmth, additional depth, extra color.



We are all a work in progress. May the work we do soften us. Remember sometimes we need to set things aside until we are ready to grow again. It's pausing, not giving up. It's rest, dreaming, trusting and faith in action. It's taking pieces, of this and that, successes and failures, of wins and losses and creating a new life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment