Sunday, January 8, 2023

Food For Thought

Do you ever feel like you've eaten everything a million times. Do you ever feel like there should be more food and beverage choices? Seriously, what else is there for breakfast? Lunch and dinner? Maybe it's the company I keep, but dang, it feels like deja vu. Fixed it before, packed it in my lunch before and had it for dinner before. Honestly, I love food, I love cooking, I like to eat. I'm surrounded my thousands of food options at work every day. But I'm kinda of done with it. Don't worry, I'm not about to stop eating. It is food for thought though. 

I should be as excited to eat as the dogs are, as a child with ice cream is, as someone diving into a deep-dish pizza after a famine is. There I go with "should", should gets me into trouble every time. It sets me up for disappointment when I need to extend myself grace as large as a bowl of gravy. Pass the gravy please.

I suspect, because I am smarter than your average bear, that part of it is that eating is a solitary experience. Owning it is the first step. Add in the tendency to be frugal, the waning motivation at the end of the day, or the morning rush in the beginning of the day. Somewhere along the way I lose the creativity and only lightly garnish with gratitude. Some folks may look on in envy and say you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want. There is some truth to that. Funny how that's both a blessing and a curse.

How do we face those things that challenge us? The food choices, the life choices, the faith choices? How do we shift from stuck to unstuck. How do we find our gratitude. How do we spice it up so that we are fed spiritually, emotionally and physically? Good questions, no easy answers. Except for the gratitude part. That's the icing on the cake, the gravy on the taters, the whipped cream on the pie, the chocolate on the eclair.




No comments:

Post a Comment