Sunday, April 11, 2010

What It's All About

Okay.  Here's the deal.  The Hokey Pokey may be what it's all about.  But, that song should be reserved for use in government interrogation and torture.  It should especially never be played at weddings, but almost always is.

Yes, I danced the dreaded HP last night at a wedding. It will be the last time I ever do.  Not even if my children beg me on their wedding day, not even if future grandchildren beg me.  I sincerely think a cash exchange of some sort will help them forgive me for not participating.  I can look and feel stupid all on my own, I don't need that song getting rooted in my ear on top of it thank you very much. 

I think I've made my point.  So we know where it won't be played.....phfewwww.

What it is all about is celebrating in ways that make our heart sing, and there a million ways to do that.  For me, a passel of puppies being set loose at the reception would be fun, for Reno passing out cigars, watching Southpark and drinking good beer would do it.  Although the odds of consummating the union would drop dramatically with cigar breath. 

The photo booth at last nights wedding was a blast.  Way more fun that "shaking it all about".  Plus, there is photographic evidence of just how silly we can be.  Life is serious enough.  Laugh more, live more, play more.  And, yes, for the love of God, ban the Hokey Pokey.

No comments:

Post a Comment