Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Showers

I went to a bridal shower for my niece last weekend. I must admit I re-gifted at it. Actually it was a family piece I gifted.

All of the brides in my family received a Kitchen Madonna when they got married. As I now had mine and my Mom's it seemed like a good time to pass one on. Now, a Kitchen Madonna is a religious ornament that depicts the Mother of Jesus in the kitchen. I never pondered the fact that Mary had to cook, clean and chase after baby Jesus. My guess is she may have spent more time in the kitchen that I ever have.

I realize that modern brides may not take time to honor Mary with a statue or plaque like us old brides grew up doing. Here is my hope. That my niece be blessed in her kitchen and in all the rooms of her marriage. That she always knows she is loved. That her Kitchen Madonna find some small place of honor in her kitchen. That she remembers many Mother's support her journey in life. That life continues to shower her with blessings.

We all have gifts, and sharing, even regifting, is sometimes a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment