Monday, May 10, 2010

Slow Process

There is a lot to be said for finding love again. Granted, some find it again, and again, and again. But, there is even more to say about finding and keeping it. Keeping it may be the most challenging part.

I'm still learning about what I didn't know the first time around. When you pledge your life to one another it includes good days, bad days, pay days, sick days, rainy days and Mondays. You name it - it includes it.

More than once smothering has sounded like a viable solution. Other times, a contemplative life of silence has it's appeal. We were both sick over the weekend. That sucked. He didn't have the energy to nurture me, I was tempted to, well, you know..... Instead I prayed the Serenity Prayer and waited for the urge to pass. I've always been the one who kept going even if I was sick, so it frustrates me when others don't keep plugging away. I'm thinking we can learn from each other on this issue.

I need to gear down a little and someone who's name has not been mentioned can pick up a little slack. And vice versa. It's part of being life partners. It's part of marriage. It may be a slow process, but we're moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment