Sunday, September 5, 2010

Movie Weddings

Being a woman, which is synonymous with being a fan of weddings, makes movie weddings even better. If you are getting married, or dreaming of getting married, watching someone else get married is the next best thing.

We watched the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding tonight. It's a classic. Yet, one of those that touches you different each time you watch it. No doubt, because, each time I watch it I'm in a different place in life.

This viewing made me consider the family of the bride. Loud, verbal, rambunctious, bigger than life. At least, bigger than life with my family of origin. Most of my family couldn't be like them for love nor money.

But I can. Okay, in little ways I can stretch myself to new levels of enthusiasm. I can ease out of the past and embrace a new future. I can say "Opa". Yes, yes I can say "Opa". See, we're not even married yet and I'm celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment