Monday, March 7, 2011

The Date & The Venue

Nobody said it would be easy.....but we have nailed down the date, the venue and the guest list. That pretty much sums it up doesn't it?

But even I have to question why I described it as "nailed down". Perhaps because it took a fair amount of deliberation, back up by decisive choices. That goes for the groom and for this bride. I once had someone describe me as an optimistic realist. I like that definition. I believe that means I'm positively delusional, in the nicest possible way.

So many of the choices the first time around don't even make the list to consider. While I am more spiritual that my first time around, I am less comfortable marrying in a church. That is a good thing because the Catholic Church wouldn't welcome me anyway.

We are opting to marry in an old grotto in a park. I like that idea. Life began in a garden, so will our marriage. Gardens grow and evolve, so will we. Gardens are unpredictable, so are relationships. Gardens grow by faith....so does marriage. Gardens have weeds, so does marriage....oh wait...marriage has lots of opportunities for growth...ya...that's the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment