Sunday, March 13, 2011

Venue Schmenu

Well, alrighty. We had a venue all planned. But then we discovered the University adjacent to the park we were getting married in was having their annual Shakespeare on the Green the same weekend as our nuptuals. Our guest list numbers about 65. Their guest list numbers several thousand. We're thinking we'll just let them have the park.

Of course, that sends us back to the drawing board. I will say, being a second time bride, I'm less inclined to fuss over every little detail. While we are 111 days away from the celebration, I figure it will all sort itself out. We do have a lovely backyard. At first I wasn't gung ho on ceremony there. Now it has distinct possibilities. Plus the dogs could attend that way.

I've also discovered I have many friends willing to help if only I ask. That is something I need to embrace. I don't know about you, but I get used to doing for myself. Sometimes I do those things with minimal effort, because hey, it's for me. How nice to discover I can lean on others during this process, and afterwards too.

So to that I say Venue Schmenu. All will be well and the celebration will be blessed. I have no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment