Sunday, March 27, 2011

New Appreciation for Indecision

I work with brides on a daily basis. But, now I have a better appreciation for them. For someone "in the industry" I am exactly as clueless as many of those brides I encounter. I mean that in the nicest possible way, and in the most humorous way.

What colors are you using? When is the wedding? What would you like? What are you doing for centerpieces? Who is the photographer? What is the plan for music? At this point I can safely say I have a dress pattern, seamstress, a ring for both of us, and a groom-to-be I adore! The rest is still sorta, kinda, mostly up in the air.

Many others know what I want way more than I do. I find this rather frightening! They know what I should do, how I should do it, and why I want to do that way. Wow! That's pretty impressive.

A dear friend of mine told me I can't have silk flowers for my wedding. Oh, he may have a point. However, I have the best silk flowers out there in my department. It would be a shame not to use them! On the other hand, if it weren't for fresh flowers I wouldn't be in the silk flower business. Stay tuned for more on that detail.

The other question that came up regarding the venue we are about to nail down is if dogs could attend. I wonder if it would be tacky to set up an Exercise pen and bring the boys to the reception. I have looked at the fine print on the rental agreement. No where does it say you can't bring dogs - lol. If I put them in their pet therapy service vests will they be more welcome? Some stressed guest may just need a little puppy loving.

So I will be more understanding of the brides who have more questions than answers. Frankly, I can totally relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment