Sunday, April 3, 2011

Count Down

Let me say I love that Reno has a countdown going on his computer until the big day. Maybe it's because he's a numbers guy, he's counting his last days of freedom, or maybe because he's as excited as I am.

We are making progress on planning. Granted we are doing this planning while trying to get a house ready to sell, while phasing me out of my job, and with him immersing himself in learning a new job in a new city. No pressure here. Not at all.

Just like life in general, and our relationship specifically, blessings are rolling our way. We selected one location for a wedding, the big guy upstairs had a better plan. My way is decidedly limited in vision, and that is okay.

We have the venue and we've ordered the alcoholic beverages. Yes, I think our priorities are in order. I have a seamstress and a pattern. And, we have friends stepping up to the plate to grace our day.

I am the most sporadic member of a bible study group. I rarely get the reading done for the group. Often I can't attend because I work some weekends. And yet, they embrace me just as I am. Even more wonderful I found out these same ladies have a tradition. A food ministry of sorts. They prepare and serve the prenuptial dinner for those in this wonderful little group of faith filled women. They offered to assist us in this lovely way.

All this gives me pause to be thankful and to enjoy the process. Counting down and counting blessings - all good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment