Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Threads

Nice threads, new threads, picking up loose threads, the threads that hold us together. So many threads that sew our lives together. One often thinks of wedding dresses as a symbol of purity, well at least 30 years ago when I was a bride they did. Now it's a different story.

Still, it is a dress to remember. I hope I am being more deliberate with my choice (choices) this time around. I bought fabric yesterday to have my dress made. It's lovely and colorful, and while I can't visualize the finished product as well was I'd like, I trust my seamstress. Isn't that reminiscent of how we live our lives? We choose one part and build around it. Sometimes we alter the plan, other times we rip out and start again. In the beginning, and all parts of the process, we trust the maker.

I am certain, as a first time bride, I neglected to celebrate the dress. And the bride, for that matter. I'm working on that. We put on our wedding dress to look beautiful. When, in fact, we are beautiful, and then we put on our wedding dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment