Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wedding Mania

This could be solely about me. Or it could be about Kate and William. As in Kate and William and the Royal Wedding. Both are fairy tale stories. One in a very royal manner, one in a happy little second chance in life manner.

True, I don't have multiple dresses just waiting for the big day. I'm not trying to keep the details of my wedding as secure as a state secret. Actually, the state doesn't do well with that either. Obviously, there won't be a mad rush to do a knock off of my gown, like there will be Kate's gown. Frankly, that all sounds like a royal pain in the arse. I'd rather not know my dress is fashioned just like someone elses. But I digress.

I have to wonder what Kate's stress level is about now. If she is so done with the process, if she longs for some solitude, and if perhaps she would envy the intimate little event we are planning.

I will be watching her celebration. Part of me will be in awe of the pomp and circumstance, the fairy tale magic of it all. But the rest of me will be content with our personal ceremony. Too much mania is not a good thing for cherished moments. That is what we will have, cherished moments, hopefully sans the mania.

No comments:

Post a Comment