Friday, May 6, 2011

Black and White

The invites are here - it's all in black, white and hot pink. Oh baby!

I don't recall being as excited about the invites the first time around. Perhaps it's a maturity thing? Maybe a revelation about where I/we are in life. It's darned exciting. Perhaps it's because I've invested some time and energy in the creation of these invites. Rather than flipping through a book and saying "I'll take that one!"

Now, lest you think I'm a creative genius I will say I had help. Lots of help. Elizabeth, from Social Grace, http://social-grace.net, is the master mind. I kept throwing random idea's out and she was able to snag a few from left field, right field and from the dug out and shape them into a winner. I had her scrambling a time or two. No, they are not baseball related, but that is analogy that came to mind so I ran with it.

Of course, now I wish my handwriting was precise and oh so elegant. Okay, how about even neat and tidy? Maybe the cursive Fairy will sprinkle some magic fairy dust on me and my penmenship will blossom like a Spring garden. Or, maybe, my handwriting will pale with the joy that is written into the address of those we want to celebrate with. Ya, I think that's it.

Those we love won't notice the writing. When you get to the black and white of it, only the love will shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment