Monday, May 16, 2011

Inviting....

You are just inviting trouble? We invited guests for dinner? She/he has an inviting personality? I have never pondered invitations so much before.

We are making progress. Today I dropped the invitations into the mail. I'd be remiss if I didn't say that was an act of faith. I took small stacks of them and prayed them into the mail box. You probably think I'm nuts. If I am, so be it.

But why wouldn't I do that?? I prayed for those we love, to pray for our love. I prayed we are making the right choices. I know, strange time to be wondering that. I don't doubt the relationship, but I'm wise enough now to know it's not to be taken lightly. The first time around I just assumed all would be hunky dory. This time I'm inviting faith, our family and friends, and the world to support us in this life journey. That makes those invitations pretty precious if you ask me.

We also met with the Pastor who will preside over our wedding. Ahhhh, how comforting to have His hand to guide us. It may be a marriage to two people, but it is a union of three. We need the big guy upstairs to keep us safe, sane and from being stupid along the way. Lord knows we have those "what was I thinking moments".

All that said the invitations we've extended are a very big deal. They are more than lovely paper, dates/time and directions. They are precious words and heartfelt wishes for people to share our day. Turns out those invitations are sacred in their own way. You have to love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment