Monday, May 30, 2011

30 Days

We attended a wedding over the weekend. It provided an excellent checklist for ours. I think we are in pretty good shape. Well, except for the fact it's 30 days from ours, the house will go up on the market soon and I have to/get to travel 15 out of the next 30 days. No pressure at all.

What I was impressed by in the wedding we attended, was the gratitude of the Chad and Emily for the love and support their family and friends give them. Gratitude is everything.

When you look past the gowns, the flowers, the food, the booze, the whole facade of the wedding you get to the important part. Family, friends, vows, commitment and gratitude.

That is what I plan to focus on this next 30 days. When the packing, cleaning and showing of the house pushes my buttons. When my hormones threaten to go ballistic. I'll try to sound an alarm when that is about to happen, but no promises. Whenever the details threaten to overwhelm me, and they will, I'll try to think of Chad and Emily. And what is really truly important.

Family, friends, vows, commitment....and oh yes....gratitude. The rest will sort itself out, thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment