Thursday, January 1, 2015

Beginning Anew

It is that time of year....our brains, bodies, tummies and hearts are full, and we're tired.  Okay, maybe that's just me. Christmas came and went, it's a new day, a new year and a new chance in our lives.

Chances are good.  Chances indicate hope and promise.  Who wouldn't like a second chance?   Funny how willing we are to look forward to the new chances coming our way, even though we may have refused chances that already came our way. Chances bring change and I sometimes fight that tooth and nail. Change for the better is so much easier to accept.  Of course, how I foresee change is often not the way it unfolds.    

I'd like to take a chance at accepting change without resistance.  Proof right there I'm a dreamer.  Add that to my list of titles, dreamer, crazy dog lady, humorist (again in my dreams), writer, designer, Mom, wife, Grandmother, friend, sister, niece, aunt, neighbor, boss, employee, mentor, and, did I mention crazy dog lady?

All that, and I'm still defining myself.  Each day, each year, we get to begin anew.  I'd like to begin softer, more gentle. I'd like to begin with an open heart and willing hands.  I'd like to laugh more and stress less. I'd like more celebratory shots and high fives. I'd like more flying hugs. Those are hugs from people so excited to see you they literally fly to your open arms.  I'd like more foster dogs, but we have a three dog rule around here. I'm forced to slow down a bit in that area, which is probably a good thing.  I'd like to work less and play more.  I'd like to do more crafts. I'd like to make more snow angels.




So, as this year begins...what would you like to do...to begin anew.  And how will you do it?





No comments:

Post a Comment