Sunday, January 25, 2015

Encouragement

Food, water, shelter, and encouragement.  Throw in a couple dogs, some wine, laughter, faith, family, friends and you've got it all.  Well that is my recipe for life.  Yours may differ.  Mine also requires flowers, cooking, gardening, hugs and walks along the river.

But I digress, encouragement is the topic of the day. Somewhere along the way we need a source of encouragement. Acknowledgement, without criteria for improvement, of what we are doing right.  It's like food for the soul, energy for the journey and shelter for the heart.

You did good.  I love you.  You've learned so much.  I like the way you did that. Good thinking.  Brilliant.  I know you can do it. Your talent shines.  You give the best hugs.  You make my life easier. I am so grateful to work with you.  Your friendship graces my life.  You're my rock.  I can trust you. You are making progress. I value you. I couldn't do it without you.  You are important to me.

You catch my drift.  To encourage is to plant seeds in another. It's like sunshine for personal growth.  Would that we could give it, as easily as we find reasons to find fault.  

May your journey be full of encouragement.  May you give it daily, may you receive it generously.  Whether they are city roads, or country roads, may they begin and end with encouragement.  Life will be sweeter if they do.  Give some today and watch it return in ways you could never imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment