Sunday, April 17, 2016

Be Still

Ahhhhh.....be still.  So many possibilities, so many struggles.  Am I talking Psalm 46:10? Or am I talking in other generalities.  Yes, yes I am.  Be still. Be still and know. Be still and know that I am God, as the beautiful psalm says.

Maybe it's the issue of slowing down enough to be still.  I have a horrible time with that.  Slowing down my thoughts, my activities, my responsibilities enough to just be still.  Being still enough to take a deep breath.  Being still enough to be aware.  Mostly I'm scrambling to get to the next thing.

I don't know about you, but I need to work on this.  Well,  perhaps not work, but to embrace this. Embracing is good.  I work enough, probably too much, I long to embrace more.  I live in the beautiful middle of nowhere and I can't seem to sit and enjoy it.  I can't hear the silence and sometimes my eyes miss the beauty.

So many times I say I can't, when really I won't.  Arghhh....tell me I'm not alone in this and let's work together on changing it.  Case in point, the dogs. They think nothing of sleeping in the sun, rolling in the grass, running for the sheer joy of it.  I'd have to get a note from my boss and schedule a day off for simple pleasures like this. Oh, wait, I am the boss of my own life.  I don't need a note, but I do need to pencil it in and follow through.

What do you need to be still?  Gardening can be a form of being still. If your mind set is calm and peaceful.  Reading can be being still.  Napping is an amazing way to be still.  Consciously breathing counts as being still.  Being still long enough to find your sense of humor is a good thing too.  So my wish is for you and I to be still.  Let me know how that goes for you.





 




No comments:

Post a Comment