Wednesday, April 12, 2023

That Place That Moment

I was in line at the grocery store recently. The couple in front of me was having trouble with their debit card. You know sometimes there is a bank issue, a glitch in the matrix, insufficient funds, just plain bad juju. Any one of a number of things. It happens to all of us at some point in time. I felt for them. Just as the clerk was going to suspend the transaction, giving the couple time to reach out to their bank, another customer walked over and paid for their items.

Can I just say wow. Random acts of kindness. Generosity played out before my very eyes. The couple who received the gift didn't seem especially moved. Maybe they were simply taken aback, I hope that was the case. I wanted to hug this lady who saw a need and filled it. I want to be more like her. Willing to take action, to bless someone without reservation. Now the flip side is perhaps this debit card issue was a scam the couple was running. It probably happens, which is a sad state of affairs. Either way the couple needed help of some sort.

I could have jumped in to assist. But I was stalled by indecision, the it's not my problem attitude and honestly concern over the expense. How many times have my needs been met even when I saw no way for it to happen. Over and over, I tell you. Over and over. 

Here is my takeaway. Be generous, of spirit, of heart, and if necessary, with the blessings you can share. I came away a better person for being in that place at that moment. I'll never know the exact situation that unfolded. I do know one person gave freely. Amen to that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment