Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Hugs and Pictures

I had someone stop me recently and say I Need A Hug. It was music to my ears. And how powerful is that? I hope and pray my kids learned that from me.  Granted, not everyone is a hugger. But for those of us who are, please ask away. I was happy to comply, because not only did I give a comforting hug I received one in the process. I don't know about you, but I never get enough hugs. Wouldn't it be great if people who were elated said I Need A Hug. Or people who were sad said I Need A Hug, or worried, or scared...you get my drift. 

With some people you feel like you might break them if you hug them tightly. Or they want a hug, but not a close one. Like an air kiss to the cheek. Others are all in, warm and fuzzy. Perhaps some are natural huggers, and some are not. Kind of like handshakes, some are strong and welcoming, some are loose and limp. That kind gives me the heebie-jeebies. 

Another thing I love is getting pictures with my kiddos. Like hugs, my kids are something I never get enough of. Same with friends. So, I try to capture those moments with a picture. Sometimes I'll text later and say, dang we missed an opportunity. Pretty sure my kids think this need is silly. If they don't get it now, they will later. Much of life is like that. We don't know until we know, then, wow, we know!

When you're young all of your life is ahead of you. Now that I'm not so young I have a greater appreciation. So perhaps gratitude is behind the urge to capture those moments with hugs and pictures. It's a way to hold onto the moment. Moments precious with people dear. 

If you need a hug, just ask. We'll both be glad you did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment