Thursday, January 23, 2020

Tears

I am a weepy woman. Owning it is the first step. Understanding it is another matter. I have to think, perhaps as a child, I didn't cry much and I have years of tears to make up for. Or perhaps I didn't feel much, and all those feelings are seeping out in the form of tears. Seep out they do. At the drop of a hat.

In a perfect world I'd always get it right and never feel the need to cry. In a perfect world I'd never have to let go, process regrets, grieve, or say goodbye. I often cry simply because the feelings are so deep they touch my heart. Sometimes we cry out of sheer loneliness. Or shame, or from pain held on to for too long. We cry because strength is growing inside us, and something has to give in order to get. We cry sometimes when we laugh, and laugh and laugh. I love those tears. The line between crying and not crying is so fine sometimes.

Lately I've been crying because change is hard, and to change one must grow. Growth is hard. It hurts and pulls at our heart strings. And, yes, in the process we become stronger, softer and wiser. Still it is a rugged journey that includes releasing tears, dreams, relationships, lifestyles and expectations. It involves saying yes to the unknown and trusting all will be well. It involves faith in a path that is obscure and still developing. Sometimes you have to look past the challenges of the present into the blessings of the future.

So you cry as needed. It's okay to weep. It's okay to wonder and to worry a little. It's human nature. Then as you are able brush away those tears with hope, dust them with acceptance, and embrace them with faith. And, know all is unfolding according to plan.




No comments:

Post a Comment