Sunday, January 10, 2010

And So It Begins

Four years ago it began with an on-line dating site.  Actually, several sites, multiple opportunities to meet "eligible" men. Please note, eligible is a relative term!  It began with hope and a dream, not to mention an excellent sense of humor.   In some ways it was like culling the herd of the weak and pathetic.  Always it was an adventure.  It involved finding myself and defining Mr. Right.  No easy task.

Now, thanks to the big guy upstairs, I find myself again a Bride-To-Be.  Except at my age, I don't exactly know what that means.  If I was sleek and 20 yrs old I'd hit the ground running.  Heck, at 30 I could still pull off a sleeveless gown and 4 attendants.  At 50-something it's a different story. 

It's not all about the fairy tale.  It's not all about the dress and the flowers and the countless other details.  Now it's about the relationship and finding a meaningful way to celebrate that.  It's knowing we both have some fears about this leap of faith we are taking.  It's knowing we've been blessed with a wonderful second chance.  It's knowing we'll find our way, no doubt with lots of laughter, down this new road of life.

So jump in and buckle up.  It might get bumpy, it might get crazy, it might have tears of joy and mirth.  I have to think that's what makes second chances so special. You just never know what will happen next.  Sort of like feeling your going to vomit, but the relief when you realize it's just not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment