Thursday, January 21, 2010

Go Figure

When I got married the first time - back in 1980, boy was I clueless.  Okay, when I got divorced in 1999, part of me was still pretty clueless.  Hurting, but clueless.

Since then, I've had ten years to find myself (I'm still a work in progress) and learn to like myself.  I've been many things in life - daughter, sister, cousin, niece, aunt, bride, wife, Mother, ex-wife, divorcee, single,  single and not dating, single and dating.  Single and wondering why the hell I'm dating.  Seriously dating, in a commited relationship, to fiancee - again.

Wow - go figure.  Life takes us on some wild rides and amazing journeys.  In the process I've learned what being a partner really means.  Thank God, this time around I know more, and know enough to lean on God for the rest. 

I was pondering something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue today.  Well, I'm sorta old, I've had some blue times, I've borrowed faith when I'd lost my own and I'm on a new journey.  I believe that qualifies me to be a bride.  I rather like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment