Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Venue Sites

It's not everyone who has the option to get married in the workplace.   My boss, bless his heart, offered us a free wedding in the store during our in-house Bridal Extravaganza.  Nothing like having a dog-n-pony show in the middle of several hundred other bride's shopping for their dog-n-pony show. 

I love my job, but not quite that much.  I know, the free popcorn is a huge incentive.  You don't see that often at weddings.  For food we could sample all the offerings in our fancy foods section, as long as guests made a purchase that is. Perhaps instead of gifts they could put their purchases on my fun club card?   And wedding cake?  Our cake decorating department could do demo's so that everyone could decorate their cake and eat it too.  Oh baby, think of the possibilities!  We could make our invitations and display them to sell scrapbooking products.  We could have our photo's framed by, you guessed it, the framing department.  Naturally, the floral department would do the flowers.  I could make my own bouquet and get paid for it.  Another win-win situation. Marketing could advertise the event, the local news would film and possibly we could end up on the national news.  Have I mentioned I've always wanted to be a guest on the Today Show?

Ahhhh, simply a dream wedding.  And we appreciate the offer.  Not quite what we had in mind.  But it's always fun to explore the possibilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment