Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wedding Season

It's wedding season in the store.  All the brides are out looking for accessories, flowers, tiara's, veils, etc.  It gives me the opportunity to talk to some cool people.

I spoke to a gal yesterday, who's friend won a radio contest for a $50,000 wedding.  Of course, the catch was the wedding will be 7 days after the grand prize was announced.  Talk about a whirlwind.  Perhaps even a dream come true event. 

Well, actually, the marriage is probably a dream come true.  The wedding - to be determined.  Most likely an unbelievable celebration, with all the stops pulled out.  Makes me think about my first wedding all those years ago, and how different I feel about it now.

This time all I want is an intimate ceremony, at Lake Tahoe,  with a small group of our best friends and family.  And, I want a pretty dress.  And, a big party afterwards.  Did I mention the dress?  Not a traditional dress, like the first time around.  But, a woman wants to look/feel beautiful on certain days of her life. 

Which, of course, give us pause to ponder what makes us feel beautiful.  Many woman look beautiful and completely miss out on feeling beautiful too.  The first time around I doubt I allowed myself to feel beautiful.  Not missing that this time around.

I admit to sometime praying for the brides I help in the store, as well as wondering about them.  Wondering about their sanity comes to mind often.  Weddings are so tradition and media driven.  But it is my hope that those marriages find a place to grow and blossom too.  It's definitely something I pray for myself.

So while it's odd to be a bride in this season of my life, it also makes my heart sing.  So as a bride, and for the brides, I wish them joy and strength, determination, and a great sense of humor.  Patience and understanding, a lovely dress and the ability to feel lovely as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment