Friday, February 5, 2010

Bridesmaid Dresses

For the first time in 30 years I find myself a Matron of Honor-to-be, as well as a Bride-to-be.  Let me tell you, the dresses haven't matured over the years as much as I have.  The dresses these days look like the lingerie of, dang I hate to say it but I will, the old days.  Lordy, I wish I still had the body I had 30 years ago.  Except, then I'd have to give up my kids, breastfeeding, stretch marks, the softing of age, etc, etc, etc.  Having that young body, without todays knowlege and self-acceptance, would give me just a hot body, and not a warm, loving heart to go with it.  Guess I'll keep this 'ol body.

I did find a bridesmaids dress, on Ebay -- gotta love those bargains.  It needs a little altering, but then most of us do.  Not sure I want to take my bat wings out in public, but maybe by shortening the dress from full length to tea length we can fashion a wrap or shrug of some sort.  Of course next comes the whole shoe dilemma.  I shall have to forsake the comfort of croc's or Dansko's for fancy footwear. 

I hope I stumble upon a bargain wedding dress as easily as I did a bridesmaid dress.  I hope I don't stumble walking down the aisle.  I hope I find comfort in dressing beautifully for both events.  It's all about finding our way, and celebrating those moments in fancy dresses and heels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment