Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wedding Dresses

I've been "shopping" for wedding dresses.  Okay, sort of shopping.  Well, looking at consignment shops and on Ebay.  I know what I want in a dress.  Most likely champagne colored, gently used, softly recycled. 

This is what I'm finding though......there are ball dresses, sexy wedding dresses, prom/wedding dresses, modest wedding dresses (more my style), maternity wedding dresses (yikes!), informal wedding dresses, destination wedding dresses, temple wedding dresses and vintage wedding dresses.

Wowsers!  All sorts of dresses.  Most of which seem too formal for me.  And, too revealing.  But, the fun is in the search and Lord knows we're not in any rush.

I've ruled out the corset look, the strapless style, the ball gown, and the mermaid style.  Phfewwww!  That narrows down the field.  Part of my head is still trying to wrap itself around a wedding dress at all.  Of course, I always knew I would remarry.  Just need to figure out the re-wedding part of it. 

The choices I made the first time around were in some ways not the best.  I had no idea what I really liked then, so I don't care to make that mistake again.  At the very least I will be an informed buyer, and more educated bride, and I hope to God a much better partner!  Plus, I'm going to feel pretty if it's the last damn thing I do.  I think cussing when speaking of your future wedding bodes well don't you?

So the search continues.  Perhaps whispering to the powers that be might help.....wanted ........beautiful champagne dress for second wedding....soft and appealing, full of hope and promise......magical.....feminine.....not blatantly sexy.....    

Now I just watch and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment