Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shoe Challenged

Back in the day, when I was young, had great legs and no corns, bunions, or screws/plates in my ankle I wore tennis shoes, sandals, birkenstocks, or rather sedate pumps with suits.  Now that I'm all about comfort in shoes, I wear croc's and Dansko shoes. 

I have to find shoes for a friends wedding.  The croc's and Dansko's won't cut it.  When I could have worn strappy sandals and big heels I didn't.  Now that I can't, I want to.  Doesn't that just figure?

The mission is to find a pair of silver shoes.  Pretty, dressy, with a heel of some sort that I can navigate a fancy dress in.  If I can find a good pair, I hope to use them for my own wedding shoes.  And, I hope not to need traction when I take them off. 

Some women live for shoes.  I am not that sort of woman.  Some women have closet's full of shoes.  I am not that woman.  But sometimes only a pretty, sassy, fun shoe will do.  A wedding definitely counts as one of those times.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment