Friday, February 19, 2010

Shopping - A Mission In and of itself!

An out-of-town business trip led me to the largest bridal store East of the Mississippi.  May I just say OMG.  It is the stuff of dreams.  It is bridal heaven, it is amazing....it is Catan's Fashions in Cleveland.

It was the best experience in wedding shopping and the worst.  Well, let me explain.  Drop of girl into bridal heaven and only give her 60 minutes to shop.  There is something very wrong with that.  No woman can make a decision that quickly.  I needed a couple hours, and a girl friend or two to help with the decision. 

Did I find a dream dress?  No.  But, not because they didn't have anything good to choose from.  They had oodles, and I do mean oodles.  Oh my!  If only I was a size 8-10 again!  If only I had really deep pockets.  If only tall, sleek and bronze defined my physique. 

I have determined what style is most flattering.  I have decided that this bride will not wear white (never a consideration anyway)  or ivory.  I have decided I can look really hot, or really soft and feminine....or a delightful combination of both.  

It was a place I'd love to visit again.  Time limits made it impossible for me to do the store justice.  It did, however, move me along in the process.  In that regard it was a successful mission.  Each step on this journey brings some joy and some anticipation.  And a greater appreciation of what makes a bride a bride, and what makes me a bride too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment