Friday, March 5, 2010

Shoe's - part two

The search has been on for shoes for a girlfriends wedding.  With the hope I could find silver shoes and use them for my own wedding somewhere down the road.

May I just say, WOW, there are some gorgeous silver shoes out there.  And, holy crap, who on earth can walk in those heels??  If I wanted to add 4" to my height and an emergency room visit to my schedule I could have found shoes.  Beautiful shoes, expensive shoes, blingy shoes and last but not least treacherous shoes! 

Guess you could say I have something borrowed and something blue.  I bought a pair of blue sandals that would work, and then a coworker offered me a pair of  blue shoes to try as well.  The pair I bought - sexy, with a low enough heel I could manage if I restrict significant alcohol consumption.  The coworkers shoes - way cuter, with a "training heel" on them, and more comfy too. 

You may be wondering about the heels.  A sales person (God love 'em) suggested I was looking for kitten heels.  Okay, if you say so.  Evidently, there is no viable market for kitten heels.  But, the market for 3-4" ankle breaking heels is thriving. I wonder if orthopedic surgeons also dabble in foot wear design.  What I called training heels are actually about the height of a kitten heel but with a wider base.  More base, more stability, perhaps I can have a second glass of wine and not disgrace myself.

Suffice it to say I'll go for comfort and and extra cocktail.  The search is not over for my own wedding shoes, but I'm good to go for now, and relatively safe in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment