Friday, March 19, 2010

Stages

It's funny to finally be engaged and not be planning a wedding.  Oh we will, when the economy shines on us again and we're both employed. 

It's funny to be a bride at my age.  It's funny to be in a wedding next month as a maid-of-honor.  Ever wonder why we get those second chances like this again?  To go through stages in our life that are sorta deja vu, except we're much smarter this time around?

The irony (at least one of them) is that all my life I've loved looking at bride magazines.  Whether I was married or single it was a a joy to peruse pages showing bridal wear, engagement rings, bouquets, and reception decorations.  I'd play this little game.  I'd look at each page and if it had multiple items, say rings, I'd challenge myself to select the one I liked best.  Give me a big jewelry catalog and I could browse all afternoon.  Give me a bridal magazine and I'd be a happy camper.  I'm still that way. 

And, amazingly, now that I can look at all those magazines I have no idea what I want for a dress.  Besides that hopefully I'll get a smoking good deal on it. 

Funny the stages we go through.  I suspect this time of waiting is offering some untold grace.  Some opportunity to grow and learn, not to mention shop and plan.  In the meantime, I'll look and dream.  In the meantime I'll enjoy the meantime.  It's not a bad place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment