Friday, March 12, 2010

Setting The Date

I remember the first time around finding a date that held special meaning to us.  We went with our "date-a-versary".  The day of the month we had our first date.

This time there are other things factoring in.  First of all, shortly after we got engaged my honey was downsized out of a job.  That put a the skids on making firm plans for a wedding.  The marriage is still in the works, but the wedding is waiting for more stable financial footing.  That makes me a wee bit envious of those with someone who has a hefty checkbook and no other financial worries.  But, as I always say - all in due time.

Not that we have a date in mind.  Rather we have dates that won't work in mind.  Prior wedding anniversaries are a total no-go.  Birthdays of ex's won't fly either.  I feel pretty secure in knowing when we won't get married.

We know where - probably up at Lake Tahoe.  Ohhh, a destination wedding.  Lovely.  Simple, personal, tasteful.  Wondering if I can find a minister who can bring his dog (preferably a hunting breed) to the ceremony so I would feel right at home.  Select family, a few friends, the big guy upstairs, and mother nature.  That is the perfect guest list.  Oh, and did I mention a dog would be good too?

So here we are, date to be determined.  All in due time, and I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment