Tuesday, June 28, 2011

High Maintenance

I don't think I have ever been described as high maintenance. Crazy dog lady?? Yes. A bit shy, yes. But pretty much a down-to-earth girl. Make-up takes about 10 minutes from start to finish. Hair about as long as make-up. But, when it comes to preparations for my wedding, I'm crossing over to the dark side.

I now have acrylic nails. I've always wanted long, lovely nails. I wasn't able to grow 4" inches (vertical, not horizontal) before the wedding, but I can have long nails. I think they make me look skinny.

In all honesty, I thought as they were being applied, that I would be completely immobilized by them. They have slowed me down a little as I get used to them. But, they make me look skinny, so I don't mind being slow. It gives me time to savor the experience. I do wonder how on earth I'll be able to pull my Spanx up to cover a multitude of sins when I dress for the wedding. My girlfriends keep telling me if I need help just ask - hahahahaaaaa.

I think this will be a one time thing. Just something to primp for the wedding. Several weeks from now I'll go back to my normal working girl hands. Hands that dig in the dirt, create, and take a little abuse. For this week I'll indulge in a little maintenance. It's okay to do that...I'm the bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment