Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Now I Know

I have such an enhanced understanding of brides now that I am a bride, or a repeat bride, whatever you wish to call it. Maybe I'm an encore Bride, or a born again bride, or a repeat offender bride. But, plain and simple, now I know.

I know that no matter how careful you are the budget can take on a life of it's own. I know that what I want to do, and what I can afford to do are a gazillion $'s apart. I also know, after all is said and done most people will only remember it was lovely and the food was good. And, of course that the bride was stunning. Other than that the details will be generalized into an overall memory.

I know that if we can laugh though what ever little things go wrong, and they will, it will all be okay. We will be just as married if there aren't enough chairs, or if there is a horrible food faux pas. For the record I do not wish to jinx the caterer....that is just a random example.

The wedding isn't the celebration and the marriage is not the wedding. The marriage is the sacred part, the rest is just sharing our joy. No amount of money spent can express the depth of that joy. This I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment